Logistics Officer Internby YCH DISTRIPARK (PTE) LTD
1 October 2023 - 28 March 2024
Polytechnic, University, Young Working Adults
24 September 2023
1. Able to demonstrate the understanding of day-to-day inbound operations.
2. Understand operation organization structure, roles & responsibilities on how operation business work
3. Understand the principles of inventory control
4. Usage of systems, and it’s purpose, and obtain proficiency in software usage.
5. Understand the various formats used for inventory reporting
6. Understanding the need for innovation and technology to streamline processes and working towards Industry 4.0
7. Experience reviewing current processes and support in reinventing / streamlining processes for process improvements.
8. Knowledge of various forms of operation layouts and their pros & cons
9. Importance of warehouse safety principles
10. Comprehend and implement the requirements of risk assessment frameworks
• Proficient with computer function, Microsoft Office, email, warehouse management system and operating scanning equipment
• Meticulous, detail-oriented, organized and able to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, multi-task and work well in a fast-paced environment
• Positive customer service skills with an ability to communicate eloquently and effectively
Other Benefits and Welfare
Free Shuttle Bus provided
About the Company
Founded in 1955 by the late Mr Yap Chwee Hock, YCH began as a modest passenger transportation company. However, in the 1970s, the family business lost its main contract. With the need to diversify the business, Mr Yap Chwee Hock roped in his eldest son, YCH Group’s current Executive Chairman, Dr. Robert Yap in 1977. This marked the start of the company’s venture into the cargo transportation business, which subsequently grew to include extended supply chain and logistics services such as warehousing and freight management.
Today, YCH is Singapore’s largest home-grown supply chain solutions company and leading regional supply chain management partner to many of the world’s leading brands across Asia Pacific.